Mjob Admin November 4, 2019 No Comments
Definition of “freelancer”
According to the Cambridge Dictionary:
This is the best meaning of being a freelancer, right to the point. Self-employed, you work for yourself.
Being a freelancer can teach you a lot about running a business, and many big business builders start from being self-employed. It’s a transition state
Many people have some misconception about freelancers. Some think it’s unstable, some even consider self-employed are unemployed. Actually, being a freelancer is running a business, your own business. That includes taking risks, doing marketing, report taxes, and all sorts of activities that a company requires.
Pros and Cons about Freelancing
Pros of freelancing
- Freedom with a versatile schedule, hours and location
- You own the business, you call the shots
- Selectivity with clients/choosing WHO you wish to co-work with
- Unlimited earning potential
- No commute/no travel costs reimbursement
- Getting to pursue your passion comes
- No workplace politics, annual performance reviews, etc.
- Casual work attire
- Running all administrative tasks of a business
- Tackling all sorts of projects and clients
Cons of freelancing
- 24 hours Restless on a daily basis for new gigs
- Inconsistent work and income
- Juggling between multiple customers
- Having many clients to supply services is just like having many bosses
- No paid day off, no maternity/paternity leave
- No company-sponsored health insurance and benefits.
- No backup if you are sick or injured
- No eligibility for unemployment benefits and elapid
- Running all administrative activities of a business (such as sales and marketing, invoicing, IT, income tax, etc.)
- Feeling unfocused and lacking structure
- Feeling lonely, isolated
How To Become A Freelancer?
3 Steps To A Successful Freelancing Career
Given the Pros & Cons, most people who enters the freelancing career never regret their decision. For some it’s easy to start freelancing, they know what they want to do. But many people who want to enter freelancing business need instruction.
The three steps to a successful freelance business:
- The first step to success is to find out the thing you love to do, then do it. Success is in loving what you do. Although, if a person is a cyber security expert, it is not adequate for him to put his professional certificates and diploma on the wall only; he must keep up with the times, attend conventions, and continue studying the latest technologies and tools, read the latest research articles and get familiar with the industry trends. In other words, he is informed in the most advanced methods of alleviating cyber threats.
- The second step to success is to specialize in particular branch of the work and know more about it than anyone else. If you choose to be a freelance writer, you should concentrate on certain topics other than writer-of-all-trades. Then, give all your attention to this chosen specialty. You should become sufficiently enthusiastic to try to know all there is available about the field, know more than anyone else if possible. This will result in becoming ardently interested in your work and desire to serve the world.
- The third step is the most important one. You must be sure that the thing you want to do does not redound to your success only. It must benefit humanity. The path of a complete circuit must be formed. In other words, your idea must go forth with the purpose of serving the world.
Micro Job Market offers a fair trade freelance marketplace for all freelancers. You will find useful content and helpful resources constantly added in the site. We are happy to see more and more people joining!